Revival Centre meetings
In hundreds of places around the world, on any Sunday and during the week, Revival Centres meetings are being held.
You are invited to come along and see what is happening.
what to expect
• a warm, friendly and relaxed atmosphere
• lively preaching (the ‘talk’) from the Bible
• short personal accounts of God working in members’ lives (‘testimonies’)
• bright singing
• operation of the voice gifts of the Holy Spirit – tongues, interpretation of tongues and prophecy
what won’t happen
• no-one will compel you to stay
• there will be no outrageous or wild behaviour and no ‘religious theatrics’
• on the other hand, we don’t think you will be bored
• you will not be asked for money (a collection will be taken, but this is for members only)
• you will not be asked to ‘testify’ – this is for members only
what to do
• come prepared to listen to what is being said with an open mind, it may be quite different, and even challenging, to what you have heard before
• if you want to, bring a Bible – Church members often follow the Bible references quoted by the speaker in their own Bibles
• stick around and ask questions – you will find us ready to tell you more if you wish so
general meeting format
Our meetings contain the kind of elements that the Bible tells us should be in a meeting:
• community singing (the ‘choruses’). Words for the songs will be available in a booklet or projected on a screen. Participation is up to you.
• welcome and opening prayer
• personal testimonies – 2 or 3 members will give an account of the change made in their life by coming to know God
• sermon (the ‘talk’) will be based on the Bible. Talks are generally lively and interesting (at least we hope so!). Our experience of the risen Christ through the personal infilling of the Holy Spirit gives an authority and compellingness to the things said from the Bible
• Communion – during the first meeting on Sunday the communion ‘elements’ will be distributed and the congregation will be led in partaking of the ‘bread’ and the ‘cup’ together. Your participation is optional – but please stay and observe
• Spiritual gifts – the ‘voice gifts’ of the Holy Spirit (speaking in tongues, interpretation of these tongues and prophecy) will be operated in accordance with the instructions laid down in the Bible for their use in meetings. This is quite orderly and not in any way ‘over the top’. Nevertheless, this is quite a powerful part of the meeting and not to be missed
• prayer line – those with needs are invited to come to the front of the meeting for the ‘laying on of hands’ and prayer for their needs. You may also come out for prayer if you so desire
• announcements – the church has an extensive program of activities for those who wish to take part
• closing prayer
so come along and have a look
We can’t get it all across on a website. The best way to find out what is going on is to come to a meeting and see for yourself.
You are invited…